Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more!
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Senior HR Business Partner (Finance and Go-To-Market) is a key member of Intercom’s global People team. This person will directly partner with Leaders and Executives to achieve organizational success at scale. We are looking for an experienced, commercially-oriented BP who excels in key areas of thought partnership, problem solving, and strategic thinking. Reporting to the Director of Business Partners, you will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR programs for Intercom’s growing Finance and revenue-generating teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Be an embedded and strategic thought partner to leaders and executives in matters related to organizational planning, employee engagement, employee relations, performance management, etc.
- Contribute to strategy of business functions; provide input into the overall People Org Strategy and roadmap
- Participate in decision making at the Exec/Leadership level within business functions; help leaders think and plan long term
- Apply your unique skill set and experience to help the business realize its objectives; deliver direct value to the organization
- Translate business needs and goals into personal and team actions
- Coach leaders to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Partner with leadership on talent and retention measures, always seeking to improve processes that ensure legal compliance
- Keep up to date on employment law and current best practices to help better facilitate the employee experience
- Other projects, as needed
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience in a business partner function, preferably in a tech start-up environment in a business partner role, ideally supporting finance, sales, marketing or other go-to-market teams
- 1+ years experience partnering with C-level executives in some capacity
- Deep commercial understanding and a willingness to share your experience and perspective
- Ability to take business goals/priorities and translate them into initiatives
- Consultative approach to strategic partnership
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgment and discretion in your decision-making
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Experience providing business partnership and support to a diverse group of leaders and executives
- Successful track record of implementing HR processes, employee resourcing performance management and change management
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal), exemplary client service skills, the ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Values and respects confidentiality
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.