The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support products, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a Salesforce Administrator to join our Go-to-Market Systems Team. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting all things with our Salesforce instances as well as other tech stacks integrated to it. We’re looking for someone interested in implementing, configuring, troubleshooting and maintaining our business systems. By nature, you're a problem solver and excited to troubleshoot issues that impair our sales / marketing / support processes. Your favorite days are the ones where you helped someone solve a technical issue. You should have the ability to uncover deficiencies in our systems, escalate them properly, and work with other GTM team members to devise long-term solutions.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for our Salesforce environments.
- Monitor and manage the overall health of the Salesforce platform, data quality, and complete regular internal systems audits.
- Research and find opportunities to utilize Salesforce best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring.
- Create, refresh sandboxes and perform data loads into the sandboxes as needed.
- Work closely with the Platform Architecture team and manage integration points between upstream and downstream systems.
- Get deeply acquainted with and administer other Sales/Marketing/Support stack (Salesloft, Docusign, LeanData, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Clari, Zoominfo, and others) to understand how our stakeholders use each tool.
- Provision & de-provision, setup and manage 400+ users on multiple business applications.
- Provide support on Salesforce issues including availability, maintenance, and performance optimization.
- Independently review requests and troubleshoot issues to understand technical deficiencies of the systems, define root causes, and implement proactive resolution.
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts and Engineers to debug and diagnose complex defects, conduct root cause analysis, and make resolution recommendations.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Salesforce Administration including an emphasis on Sales Cloud
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Clearbit, LeanData, Clari, Zoominfo, Zuora, Docusign, and etc.
- Experience with source control tools such as Gitlab, GitHub. Experience with agile methodologies, CI/CD automation and release management tools like Copado.
- Experience in maintaining data hygiene of a CRM utilizing Data Loader and/or
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Salesforce Certified Administrator Certification
- Experience or drive to troubleshoot issues involving Apex within Salesforce
- Sales, Sales Ops, or Marketing Ops Experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.