Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a curious and motivated analyst to join the FP&A team in San Francisco. Serving as a strategic partner to our Global Sales and Finance teams, this individual will play a supporting role in developing reporting and insights to help us hit our topline and bottom line targets, assist in the planning process and assist in other FP&A ad hoc analyses. As an analyst you’ll collaborate with teams across the entire company, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic decisions.
A Finance analyst at Intercom will develop a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics such as ARR, Churn, CAC, Net Revenue Retention and LTV. Additionally, you will play a key role in helping build the foundation for developing actionable insights to take our company to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing company.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Run monthly and quarterly Sales performance models and Tableau Dashboards, prepare regular updates on performance vs. plan
- Analyze the sales business, evaluate relevant data to identify trends, risk and opportunities
- Facilitate in investigating variances by sales channel, region and customer segment to identify business trends
- Partner cross functionally with our Marketing, Self Serve and Corporate Finance team in aligning on our Company forecast and performance trends
- Dive deep into cohort level performance to understand drivers of performance and assist our product, marketing and sales teams at identifying areas of growth
- Perform Quarterly reports on S&M efficiency, including LTV/CAC, magic number and payback period analyses
- Evaluate rationale for sales discounting and be part of the approval process
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of supporting the build out actionable analysis with moderate supervision
- Experience building cross functional relationships within Sales, Marketing and Analytics orgs. Preferably prior experience in Sales or GTM FP&A.
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 3-4 years experience in a quantitative, finance role with experience analyzing common SaaS reporting metrics
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting analysis to Finance leaders
- Demonstrated ability and curiosity to pick up new technical skills quickly
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets, Salesforce, Tableau, Adaptive or similar reporting tools
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL is required
- Must understand key business drivers, ability to communicate financial implications/business impact and provide recommendations
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.