Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom, the product marketing team plays a key role in bringing our products to market - all the way from when we’re deciding what to build, to launching to market and driving adoption and retention. Our team mission is to bring to life the voice of the market internally and the voice of the product externally, so new and existing customers can discover, adopt, and get value from Intercom.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you will be responsible for establishing a strong product-market fit for Intercom. To be successful you will need a deep understanding of how Intercom fits into it’s competitive landscape and alongside adjacencies in the market. You will also need to develop a deep understanding of our customers and target segment - and differentiated product positioning and messaging. Internally you will partner cross-functionally with Product Management on competitive positioning, Core Product Marketing on positioning and messaging, Sales Enablement on requirements for sales tools and collateral, and the Marketing team on competitive campaigns.
The ideal candidate has a data-driven mindset combined with the ability to turn that data into narratives and is able to influence and drive initiatives across cross-functional teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Own competitive intelligence and create positioning and messaging that demonstrates an understanding of our key competitive advantages
- Deliver competitive sales content and tools that effectively advance our prospects and customers through the buyer’s journey
- Work with the Global Sales org to understand their competitive selling needs and deliver training and readiness
- Work with the Marketing team on competitive keyword research and support competitive campaigns
- Work with Core Product Marketers and Product Management to develop competitive product strategies to fill roadmap gaps
- Work with Product Management and Sales to develop competitive pricing strategies
- Conduct Win-loss assessments for trends, sales enablement, and marketing channels
- Deeply understand key buyer personas and product use cases
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of experience in a product marketing, competitive intelligence analyst or similar role - experience with B2B, enterprise and SaaS platforms preferred
- Bonus points for experience or familiarity with messaging, support, or customer communications products
- Experience conducting customer and competitive research and using those insights to create effective messaging and positioning
- Experience driving win-loss interviews and research and enabling product and sales on those insights and how to action them
- Ability to create effective enablement materials for sales and marketing teams including messaging guides, battlecards and one sheets
- Track record of working cross-functionally with product, marketing and sales and ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and confident presenting to small and large groups
- Demonstrated success in driving and completing multiple projects simultaneously and setting priorities
- Proven track record of delivering results through cross-functional teams
- Curious, customer-focused and data-driven
- A growth mindset, and passion for levelling up yourself and those around you
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.