Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Join a high-performing Information Security group, responsible for ensuring Intercom remains secure & trusted for more than 25,000 businesses. As a member of the Security Solutions team, you will enable our engineering teams to develop secure-by-default solutions while they continue to execute on an ambitious product strategy.
You will partner with engineering teams to identify & understand risks across Intercom products and guide those teams in their mitigation. You will build tools, controls and security components that safeguard our people, products & customer data. You will help drive our security incident response, train engineers in secure software development and grow security champions across the company.
You will be part of a globally distributed team with a strong bias for automation, eliminating toil, and helping each other work sustainably. You will have continuous opportunity and support for your career growth in a company that is invested in helping people do the best work of their careers. Learn more about our engineering culture at intercom.engineering!
What will I be doing? 🚀
As a Systems Engineer on the Security Solutions team, you will:
- Identify security risks in the design of new features through application security reviews, partnering with engineering teams to build in pragmatic mitigations as early as possible in the software development lifecycle.
- Engineer tooling that protects access to our most important assets and solves common security problems for our engineering teams, while enabling them to release secure code in an environment where we ship to production over two hundred times a day
- Guide engineering teams in effective incident response, helping them to rapidly contain, mitigate & determine impact of security incidents.
- Promote secure software development at Intercom, by training engineering teams through demonstration of vulnerabilities, common security pitfalls and secure design patterns
- Champion development of new product security features to support the needs of both Intercom and our customers.
What skills do I need? 📖
- First and foremost, you must have a passion for cybersecurity and the desire to develop your skills in a fast-moving company! Having professional cybersecurity experience is a plus.
- You have prior experience in writing & delivering software in a production environment.
- You have deep knowledge of a high-level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl etc.). Note that the language doesn’t have to be one that we use here!
- We build on AWS; experience in building & operating distributed systems in the cloud is an advantage.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive compensation and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.