Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Our company websites sit at the intersection of demand, awareness, and product marketing. They are the number one driver of leads for our demand generation team, the centerpiece of our brand, and the public source of truth about Intercom’s products.
Intercom’s marketing team is looking for a Director, Web Marketing to lead this team and focus on taking these sites to the next level. This person should be well versed in web technology, obsessive about measuring results, a strong design intuition and proven in their ability to balance rolling up their sleeves to get work done and building out strategic plans.
This role will lead three sub-teams including web demand gen, core production, and web platform development. Your focus will be to own the holistic web strategy and drive performance across all of these areas.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Ownership (in partnership with Engineering and Design leaders) of our website as a product, delivering a website that is the centerpiece of our brand, hits our demand targets and is built on a scalable, operational web infrastructure
- Lead strategy and roadmap for how Intercom evolves and scales its web presence across segments, product offerings, industries, partners, and regions
- Accountability for web marketing KPIs across awareness, acquisition, engagement, and pipeline
- Constantly optimize and personalize web experiences to increase lead conversions and decrease time to sale
- Directly line manage the leaders of our web demand gen and web production sub-teams
- Partner with Engineering to define and refine our web technology stack
- Partner with Design to bring to life our brand on our web properties and remove any friction from the funnel
- Partner with Engineering and Design leaders to create a high performing cross-functional team
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across the business to make sure that all functions are properly represented on our sites
- Use testing and analytics software (like Optimizely, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Marketo) to measure the down funnel impact of changes made to the site
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years working on web marketing, user acquisition, and demand gen to analyze and produce marketing sourced leads and pipeline
- Understanding of traditional enterprise SaaS marketing pipeline
- Strong ability to prioritize; you'll manage multiple projects with competing deadline and priorities within the organization
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management across different orgs and departments
- Proven experience managing a team to KPIs; you'll be on the hook for a significant pipeline number
- Familiarity with best of breed marketing technology, including a strong understanding of analytics tools (GA or Heap), content management systems (preferably Contentful), Marketo, Salesforce, and testing tools (Optimizely
- Experience working with design and delivering visual assets that adhere to brand standards
- Experience working with engineering and building
- Past experience working with complex SaaS product solutions
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.