Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Evaluating the performance of our customer engagement strategies and initiatives by analyzing customer journeys and metrics (activation, expansion, retention, attribution, churn, etc.)
- Partnering with the Customer Engagement team at Intercom to help them better understand their functional areas through use of our data
- Building data science models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into customer behaviours
- Creating dashboards that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Transforming data from data warehouse tables into data artifacts to power analyses and dashboards for company-wide use
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and generating data-driven hypotheses and action items in order drive business impact
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics/data science role OR 1+ years of work experience in analytics/data science role and advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analyses/recommendations in order to drive business impact
- Experience working in a technology business and understanding SaaS business models and key metrics
- Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights, and putting them in production
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills for querying, fluency with BI/visualization tools for reporting, and expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with Python/R for machine learning and automation
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- Motivation to continue learning as a data scientist, contributing fresh ideas, and helping establish best practices
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.