Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a curious and motivated senior manager to join the FP&A team in San Francisco. Serving as a key strategic partner to our Global Marketing and Finance leadership teams, this individual will play a leading role in developing reporting and insights to help us hit our topline and bottom line targets, assist in the planning process and lead other FP&A ad hoc analyses in support of the Finance team. As a senior manager you’ll collaborate with teams across the entire company, and have the opportunity to inform and influence key strategic decisions.
A Finance senior manager at Intercom will develop a strong understanding of subscription based businesses and SaaS metrics such as ARR, Churn, CAC, Net Revenue Retention and LTV. Additionally, you will play a key role in helping build the foundation for developing actionable insights to take our company to the next level.
This is a great opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing company.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build relationships with senior leaders throughout the Marketing organization and provide support to help the team meet and exceed their goals
- Own monthly and quarterly ROI-based Marketing performance model and Tableau Dashboards, prepare regular updates on performance vs. plan and vs. historical data
- Partner with Marketing leaders to efficiently manage headcount and operational expenses while achieving company goals
- Investigate performance trends by Marketing channel, region and customer segment
- Partner closely with our Sales, Self Serve and Corporate Finance team in aligning on our Company forecast and data investigations
- Dive deep into cohort level performance to understand drivers of performance and assist our product, Marketing and Sales teams at identifying areas of growth
- Benchmark our growth and financial metrics to comparables in the industry
- Dive into the metrics and data of interest to you and share your findings
What skills do I need? 📖
- Proven track record of delivering actionable analysis with minimal supervision
- Experience building cross functional relationships and partnering with senior leaders
- BA or BS/MS degree with strong academic record, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 2-3 years of FP&A experience supporting a Marketing organization, and 8+ years of total experience in a quantitative finance role
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets, Salesforce and Tableau
- Experience using SQL, Marketo, Redshift is a plus
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.