Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Senior Global Stock Administration Manager will be a key member of the stock team who will assist in leading and scaling Intercom’s stock administration function as we continue to grow globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of Intercom’s global equity plans (including but not limited to stock options, RSUs and eventual ESPP). The ideal candidate will have at least four years of public company experience and be exceptionally organized, responsible, detail-oriented and resourceful.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Administer the company’s equity plans for all employees in the U.S. and globally.
- Work closely with the company’s transfer agent, outside broker service providers, and internal Legal, Payroll, People, Tax and other teams, as necessary.
- Manage and ensure that all equity transactions, including stock options, restricted stock units, and ESPP, are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner
- Provide a superior level of customer service to employees, management and others.
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and company programs and policies and provide live and recorded presentations to new and existing employees.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function, including but not limited to evaluating stock plan service providers.
- Implement best practices with effective SOX controls, and assist with automation of routine work streams and manual processes to enable efficient, accurate and timely processing of equity award data.
- Maintain company’s equity data using the Carta platform.
- Reconcile equity activity on a monthly and quarterly basis, including shares outstanding and share reserves between company records, and third-party vendors like brokers and transfer agents (i.e. DWACs), transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Prepare custom reports and reconciliations to assist in the review of equity and transaction data.
- Maintain supporting documents for internal/external SOX auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to requests for data.
- Prepare and file Section 16 Forms 3, 4 and 5.
- Assist with preparation of stock-related sections of 10Qs, 10Ks and Proxy Statements.
- Assist legal team with review of newly proposed 10b5-1 trading plans and process trades manually under existing plans.
- Process leave of absence vesting suspensions.
- Perform complex global mobility tax calculations.
- Assist with IT data feed enhancements to support timely and accurate processing.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as requested.
What Skills Do I Need? 📖
- Self-motivated, reliable, flexible, deadline-oriented, have a keen attention to detail, and are able to complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion, independently with minimal supervision.
- An expert in the use of Carta and Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups, sumifs).
- An effective communicator using any medium with a variety of levels of internal employees, business partners, external vendors, etc.
- A compliance and process-oriented individual who is flexible and can excel in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving environment.
- Willing and able to get your "hands dirty" and have a strong work ethic to complete projects successfully. Builder not maintainer mentality would be helpful given our pace or growth.
- Team-oriented, dependable and are able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans
- Bachelor’s degree required, CEP Level III preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of equity plans and various equity award types.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with Carta and other major third-party equity software systems and brokerage firms.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and internal/external partners.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and Excel skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Energy, enthusiasm and follow-up skills necessary to drive results.
- A passion for Intercom’s mission and a strong interest in technology.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!