Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Revenue is one of the most important performance indicators for Intercom’s management and our investors. If revenue accounting is more than just a job for you, is a calling, and you thrive in a fast-paced work environment and you are not intimidated by executives asking you questions, then this high visibility role is right for you.
As a Senior Revenue Accountant, you will completely own revenue accounting, reporting, and you will collaborate with the Finance team on revenue forecasting. You will help to build the best-in-class scalable and repeatable processes by working with Intercom’s Business Systems team on automation opportunities. You will contribute technical accounting expertise to research revenue accounting issues and provide guidance to business partners in Sales, Legal, Pricing and Packaging teams. You will help to structure deals with customers and launch new offerings to the market with the optimal financial outcome for Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Accounting close and reporting:
- Manage Zuora close process, Prepare journal entries to transfer billing, revenue, and cash activity from Zuora to NetSuite.
- Analyse multi-element transactions for compliance with SSP bands, calculate monthly allocation between SaaS and professional services revenues and make revenue reclassification adjustments.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for accounts receivable, deferred revenue, Stripe Fees, Stripe VAT
- Own revenue reporting and preparation of revenue disclosures in the financial statements (e.g. disaggregated revenue reporting, contracts assets and liabilities, remaining performance obligations)
- Collaborate with the FP&A team on budget vs. actual revenue reviews to explain sources of variances.
- Assist Revenue Controller with accounting research and writing technical accounting white papers.
- Provide revenue accounting guidance to business partners for specific deals as well for new products and services.
- Maintain standalone selling prices compliance analysis for SaaS and professional services offerings according to ASC 606 requirements. Update the analysis quarterly.
- Fill out ASC 606 checklists for contacts with customers
- Analysis of concessions impact on variable consideration
- Assist with the implementation of RevPro module of Zuora. Work with the IT, Sales Ops, Billing Ops on developing UAT scenarios and execute UAT.
- Build and maintain dashboards for real-time SSP compliance analysis to provide guidance to Sales and Deal desk on capacity to absorb discounts while maintaining SSP compliance.
- Work with the Revenue Controller, IT, Billing Ops team on the design and implementation of internal controls over the Order-to-Cash process and over the revenue accounting and reporting process.
What skills do I need? 📖
- BA or higher degree in Accounting.
- CPA and revenue accounting experience of at least 4 years with 2-3 years in Public Accounting.
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 with the experience of applying the standard to software or SaaS companies revenues.
- Hands-on experience with managing the revenue process in Zuora RevPro.
- Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivots, match, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- SQL knowledge
- NetSuite experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law