Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in Dublin. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses drive customer engagement, deliver better suppor, and enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Understand our business strategy and deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- Manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- Collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- Scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- Motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- Multiple years experience in a Product Manager role
- Have a strong design background, be able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- Be a clear communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them. Be comfortable in making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.