Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a seasoned talent brand strategist/manager to build and lead our employment brand efforts at Intercom. The person in this position will be responsible for helping all prospective candidates worldwide see and know Intercom as a true employer of choice ...a place where the best talent comes to learn and grow and a place where they have the opportunity to do the best work of their careers.
We are proud of the culture and company we have built to date but as we continue to grow and scale, we are now ready for a talent brand expert who can come in and help us amplify and extend this sentiment more broadly. This new role has loads of space for creativity, innovation and the opportunity to shape Intercom’s Talent Brand function and voice.
This individual will need to be a natural storyteller as well as operationally-savvy and data-driven. In this role, you’ll be the strategic mastermind and the detail-oriented executor, driving initiatives to amplify Intercom’s standing as a top employer.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Responsible for creating, managing and executing our employment brand strategies to validate and amplify Intercom’s reputation as a phenomenal workplace
- Work cross-functionally with our Recruiting, Brand, Marketing, Talent Ops & Insights and Communications teams to tell the story of what it’s like to work at Intercom
- Leading and collaborating with various marketing departments to create relevant campaigns and employment branding content (video, photos, social media etc.) for our talent attraction needs
- Own our talent go-to-market strategy to support our global expansion, including crafting our employer value proposition and segmenting the talent market for our hiring priorities
- Segmenting the talent market for our hiring priorities which includes tracking and reporting on labor market data reports and trends for candidate market, competitor intelligence, and diverse sources
- Divise a channel strategy informed through data harvesting
- Own Intercom’s employer brand on social and digital channels, amplifying our messaging and campaigns
- Develop and manage a content calendar and strategy for social media platforms
- Manage sponsored content campaigns, and career pages on recruiting platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Glassdoor), using metrics to inform strategic direction of content
- Identify employer awards and run application process
- Create the requirements and digital marketing collateral to promote Intercom’s open roles and branding initiatives
- Track and manage content down funnel metrics to measure impact and provide proposals to refine and optimize our content strategy
- Identify key conference and other event opportunities for recruiting and drive Intercom’s presence, including speaking opportunities, sponsorships, etc
- Develop internal brand ambassadors at Intercom and ensure that they are trained on new content to engage with their network
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years of in-house or agency experience in brand strategy, brand/product marketing, creative direction or talent/employment brand strategy and marketing experience
- Deep familiarity with and passion for creative processes & disciplines including, but not limited to: graphic design, web design, illustration, typography, and copywriting
- Thorough understanding of and proven history working with multi-channel brand communication techniques and principles
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to advocate for complex, intangible goals with executive stakeholders, managers and internal peers
- Highly organized and skilled at project management and prioritization
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.