Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Systems Engineer you will work directly with other infrastructure and operations teams to consolidate identity and access management at Intercom. You will also build and own tools, services, and infrastructure used across the business. As Intercom continues to scale we’re looking for engineers to join us to help build and evolve our IT organization and empower us to take on even more ambitious projects. You will have regular opportunity and support for your career growth in a company that is invested in helping people do the best work of their careers.
Learn more about our engineering culture at intercom.engineering
What will I be doing? 🚀
You will get to work directly with our security and infrastructure engineering teams, you will also build and own tools, services and infrastructure used across the company.
- Design and maintain identity and access management systems across the business.
- Implement and contribute to our BeyondCorp strategy.
- Educate engineering and operations teams on access management and systems administration best practices through training and technical demonstrations.
- Partner closely with peer teams in our Infosec group to constantly evolve our IT security posture.
- Work on monitoring and automation to identify risks and better focus our systems engineering efforts.
- Help us maintain compliance and certifications.
Example projects might include:
- Designing and implementing a real-time monitoring and remediation system for our infrastructure.
- Building custom integrations with our Identity Provider.
- Adding functionality to internal systems and tools.
- Building email infrastructure for internal tools to protect deliverability of business domains.
- Enable access management for legacy systems by leveraging established services like Active Directory, AWS Cognito, etc.
What skills do I need? 📖
- You need to be an experienced systems engineer, preferably a generalist or a specialist with an interest in identity and access management. You should prefer automating work over manual processes - we love automation and would love you to build your own tools for automating processes.
- Practical experience and proficiency with a high level programming language (e.g. Ruby, Python, Perl) - this skill is important for you to be able to create tools and automation, and work with other engineers on existing code.
- Experience building and maintaining systems in the cloud using infrastructure-as-code would be advantageous.
- Solid understanding of infrastructure monitoring and threat modelling.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.