Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior Sales and Finance leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Global Deal Desk Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the global quote-to-order process and ensuring the smooth execution of some of our largest and most strategic opportunities . You will act as a key advisor to Sales, Legal, Finance, and Accounting, managing deal formation and flow, implementing policy, and driving sustainable growth while reducing sales cycle times.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker, with sound business acumen and excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are able to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to dive into business challenges and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
This is a new position and you will be responsible for developing and implementing best practices across the organization.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Build out a scalable deal desk function and improve our day-to-day processes and systems
- Drive best practices to increase sales effectiveness via structured deal reviews and checkpoints, supported by standard business practices and policies, and proper enablement around these
- Advise on contract negotiations internally, including: deal structure, discounting guidance, order processing, etc.
- Drive process and systems requirements (including CPQ) to implement best-in-class quote-to-order process; provide assistance is closing/managing deals in the systems
- Lead evaluation and review of all contracts for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to our policies
- Ensure approvals for non-standard deals have been properly documented, escalated to the right approval levels, and resolved within reasonable timeframes
- Work independently on projects, and apply judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and other key teams across the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in Deal Desk/Sales Operations role in SaaS
- Experience in dealing with complex, cross-functional deal/contract management across Sales, Finance and Legal
- Strong understanding of Salesforce based quote-to-order processes; knowledge of Zuora Quotes is a plus
- Strong structured problem solving skills along with ability to demonstrate practical judgment in complex situations
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Knowledge of software revenue recognition principles would be an advantage
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.