Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Senior Sales Compensation Analyst in San Francisco to be the owner and driver of Sales Commissions process.
We are not your standard accounting team. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
You will be focused on building scalable processes and increasing operational efficiencies focused on our Sales Commission process. We want to provide a best in class experience to our sales team, and ensure our process and systems are built to scale with our growing business. You will be a key partner to Sales leadership, Sales Operations and Finance teams.
We’re looking for someone who can help us create a strong infrastructure for the team and proactively drive change to support our company’s growth. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage our commissions process for the Global Sales Organization in four offices
- Administer all sales variable payments, including commissions, draws, MBOs, and SPIFFs in accordance with the commission process for all commissionable employees
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of individual sales compensation documents to a global sales organization
- Help develop and implement sales commission policies and processes for our sales teams across all segments; develop processes that scale as the company continues growth
- Own sales attainment metrics
- Proactively review, analyze and improve our current commissions process in partnership with our Finance and Sales teams
- Support Sales leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance teams with compensation metrics and reporting, including cost of sales analysis month to month and quarter to quarter
- Resolve commissions disputes and inquiries and process corrections and adjustments
- Provide commission expenses reporting and analytics
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Sales Compensation or accounting is required
- Strong knowledge of commissions and sales operations processes
- Prior experience in a technology/software/SaaS company is a plus
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with SQL, preferred
- Experience with ASC 606 commissions accounting, preferred
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment
- Exceptional independent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to manage senior stakeholders
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- CPA, preferred