Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a Payroll Associate to join our growing Finance team! We are not your standard Finance team. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
Reporting to our Global Payroll Manager, this will be the primary role managing day to day payroll processes and ensuring that all Intercomardes are paid correctly and on time. As our Intercom continues to grow, it’s very important that our processes are efficient and scalable to support where the company goes. This role will have an opportunity to help shape and improve these processes in a fast changing and exciting environment.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Help execute the full cycle processing of our payroll in multiple regions
- Will provide an excellent employee experience as the first point of contact for all Intercomrades day to day questions regarding payroll
- Ensure employee timecards are accurately submitted and approved on time
- Collaborate closely with the People team, Finance team and external payroll partners to not only process payroll, but to also identify and improve our payroll workflows
- Participate in maintenance and upgrades of the Payroll, ADP Portal and Time & Attendance Systems
- Ensure payroll expenses are accurately and properly recorded in the company’s financial statements
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of payroll processing experience for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Problem solver, you like to prioritize tasks and get scrappy to resolve last minute issues that arise
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a great work ethic, and can work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
- Comfortable and energized operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal) and extremely high-level attention to detail
- Proficient in tools such as
- ADP Workforce Now
- ADP Essential: Time & Attendance
- Microsoft Excel
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience working in a fast growing tech startup
- Experience working with payrolls in the US, Ireland, United Kingdom, and Australia
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.