Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a key member of Intercom HQ, the Workplace Experience (WE) Associate will partner with the on-site WE SF team to produce the best possible workplace experience for the 220+ employees at Intercom HQ. From assisting with managing the day to day operations and maintaining an organized workplace, to crafting fun, inclusive experiences, and contributing to creating new programs and processes- this position is for the ambitious and organized as it can grow into various different areas under the Workplace umbrella.
As a member of the Workplace Experience team, this role will work closely with global peers in the other Intercom offices to share experiences and brainstorm new ideas to ensure consistency of brand and culture.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Serve as a key liaison to our internal customers, conveying a “get-it-done ‘attitude of intelligent service with an eye on quality, taste, repeatability, and scalability, so that the workplaces function almost magically. Contribute to a team reputation of outstanding service that our Intercomrades love
- Co-own the condition of the office at all times, making sure it is always tidy, professional, presentable, clutter-free. When it’s not, liaise with the property management team and on-site ops team to ensure all issues are handled quickly and accurately
- Own the guest experience with help of the WE Ambassador and ensure a consistent, personal and friendly experience for anyone coming into the office - from travelers to clients to future Intercomrades
- Execute engaging, creative events that mean something and support the business while partnering with the wider global Workplace Experience team to ensure collaboration and consistency in shared experiences for all Intercomrades across our spaces and processes
- Maintain a healthy variety of snacks, drinks and supplies at all times, paying close attention to what the team likes and needs. Help source, vet and onboard key vendor relationships, such as day porters, food, snacks/beverages, and maintenance as needed
- Mentor the more junior team members globally to enhance their engagement, creativity, autonomy, results and career growth
- Coordinate and facilitate moves and reconfigures with the IT Experience team and business unit leadership
- Prepare for New Hires by assisting with day one onboarding procedures, ensuring the sett up for work stations, introducing Inter-Newbies to who we are as a team and how we can assist them in the office
- Contribute to deliverables of Global Workplace Experience Program Standards- help create our procedures and processes regarding onsite customer services, wellness programs, visitor experience, food & bev program, events, sustainability, and more.
- Monitor the inbox for incoming requests, responding in a customer-centric manner
- Ensure security standards are maintained and processes are properly followed. Administer badge program for all employees, clients, vendors, and visitors. Manage health and safety programs, emergency evacuation plans, ERT team oversight and maintenance of first aid supplies and AED units.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience developing a thoughtful office experience in an ever-changing, fast-paced, start-up environment and able to still deliver against commitments.
- A strong sense of design and space efficiencies
- Consistent track record of delivering engaging events, ideally in a workplace environment
- Highly ambitious, personable, resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative work style required
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack and/or other common technology
- Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- Facility, Event & Vendor management experience
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.