Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is looking for a People Org Compensation Analyst to help us attract and retain the best talent by providing analysis to leadership and providing extensive consultation and insight to business groups for all compensation-related matters - from job evaluations to new hire offer reviews to promotion reviews and so much in between. Your work will include supporting the development, implementation, communication and administration of our compensation programs and mechanics; short and long-term incentives, reward and recognition programs, benchmarking and survey analysis, emerging trends, new technologies and compensation training. If you’re an expert Compensation Analyst and you have a passion for helping colleagues solve some of their most complex compensation issues, this role could be for you! Join our San Francisco team to support our global workforce.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with People leaders on the annual compensation benchmarking and market research review and process; evaluate and perform analysis on global pay market positioning and salary structures to ensure market competitiveness in support of overall compensation strategy
- Perform job matching and market pricing in addition to administer our semi-annual compensation cycle planning and review cycle and support any ad-hoc compensation benchmarking needs
- Provide subject-matter expertise and be a strong strategic partner cross-functionally with leaders, managers, recruiting and employees on compensation related questions and issues
- Design and build reporting metrics and tools to inform business decisions to forecast and analyze outcomes of our compensation program
- Conduct market analysis to understand best practices, market trend deep dives, effectiveness against our global framework, decline analysis and offer negotiations
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in the Compensation field, ideally in a fast-growing, global tech company (major plus if deep experience in SF and Dublin, Ireland).
- Strong understanding in compensation fundamentals including job evaluation methodologies, market pricing, equity mechanics, bonus/incentive and commission plan development, comp structures, pay ranges, comp analysis, testing, auditing and reporting
- Experience administering equity programs, ranging from early-stage to IPO stage
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation, and collaborative style
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment, and exceptional independent problem solving skills
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.