Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a strong technical Sr. Global Payroll Manager covering our offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London, and Sydney - over 500 employees in 4 employing country entities, with 5 payrolls per month. The Sr. Global Payroll Manager will be part of the Finance team based in San Francisco. We are open to having this person work remotely or in our San Francisco or Chicago office.
This role will manage and implement all global payroll activities, working closely with our internal stakeholders (our employees, People Ops, Finance, IT) and external stakeholders (payroll service providers, benefit brokers, government agencies, etc), to ensure that all our employees are paid accurately and on time every month.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage global payroll operations for our five offices
- Ensure that data is delivered in a timely manner to our payroll service provider for 4 countries with a high degree of accuracy
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation/review of period-end accruals and monthly journal entries for all payroll and benefits and preparation of reconciliations of payroll accounts
- Review, analyze and improve the current payroll process, benefits (related to payroll) and tax procedures
- Work with our People Operations team to ensure our HRIS (Namely) provides the right information in the best way for payroll integration and reporting
- Oversee the delivery of out of cycle/ad hoc payments to employees and production and issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts, for terminations/off-cycle payrolls
- Support annual financial statement, 401(k), and other audits as required
- Manage annual preparation and delivery of Form W-2s and 1099’s
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and local payroll tax laws
- Provide formal and ad-hoc analysis of payroll, benefits, and headcount
- Manage all employee payroll queries and communication, including the Payroll inbox and Slack channels
What skills do I need? 📖
- 7+ years of experience working with outsourced payroll or managing in house payroll
- Multi-country payroll experience, including United States, Ireland, United Kingdom and Australia
- Experience using an HRIS and its integration with payroll
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or similar payroll software
- Knowledge of Payroll laws and regulations (including U.S. exempt and non-exempt laws)
- Experience setting up new country payrolls (nice to have)
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a geographically dispersed team
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.