Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As our customer base continues to grow around the world, so does our Customer Support team.
We’re looking for a great People Leader to join our 13 existing Leaders worldwide across our Sydney, Dublin, Chicago and San Francisco Offices.
You will be managing a high performing team of Customer Support Specialists and Engineers while managing all aspects of delivering an exceptional customer experience. Now is a great time to join - Intercom is experiencing a high rate of growth and you have the opportunity to jump on this rocketship to have real impact and be recognised!
Our way of providing support is based on the principles of continuity and trust and our style of communication is personal, friendly and fun. We are big fans of visual communication (think emojis, stickers, GIFs) - we believe that visual support is human support!
What will I be doing? 🚀🚀
- This role is critical to our company’s mission, as you will be onboarding, developing, and supporting our CS team, who in turn supports our customers globally.
- Refining your people leadership and project management expertise in an exciting tech company alongside an ambitious team of people leaders.
- You will help us solve a real need for leadership and in turn we will help you take your skills to the next level through training, support and mentorship from your manager Ruth O'Brien and the global CS management team.
Intercom is a high growth environment and you will thrive here if you’re resilient, love supporting and developing people through change, and are able to provide systems and strategies to be successful and support your contributors in a meaningful way.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a role where you directly led and managed people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Previous experience managing a team to metrics and hosting regular performance reviews
- Comprehensive knowledge of the technology industry
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Computer Science degree or equivalent industry experience
- Background in a SaaS or technology company
- Previous experience scaling a customer support organization
- Regular career progression within a Company
- Previous experience managing a team of Support Engineers
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas