Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
At Intercom we believe in the power of producing high quality content to grow our business. Over the last eight years Intercom has built a reputation for publishing some of the most thoughtful and insightful content in the software industry with our blog posts, podcasts and books. Those publications have also generated thousands of new leads for Intercom as we’ve rapidly grown our business. We’re now looking for an Editor to join our team in Dublin and help us take our content marketing to the next level.
You will contribute to our flagship blog, Inside Intercom, which is recognized in the industry as a go-to source of invaluable information on sales, marketing, customer support, product & design, engineering and growth. You’ll also work on the Inside Intercom podcast, our gated content (think books and guides) and a range of other projects that will help attract potential customers to Intercom.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Creating some of the most impactful and talked about content marketing materials in our industry (Intercom was recognised as one of the top 50 content marketing brands in the world in 2018)
- You will be a core part of our content production process – from drafting articles to researching podcast guests, from brainstorming creative campaign tactics to writing best practice guides.
- Collaborating with colleagues from across marketing to help execute creative and impactful campaigns. You'll be working on microsites and interactive calculators, managing third party research and writing books and guides.
- Help colleagues from teams around Intercom effectively share their knowledge and insights through a variety of media (articles, bylines, podcasts, video, conference talks, books, guides etc).
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have at least 3 years professional experience, with at least 2 years in a content marketing role.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Skills in social media, WordPress, Google Docs, and image editing software.
- Knowledge of B2B/B2C SaaS. You’ll know what the latest thinking is, who the influencers are, what the credible conferences are, etc.
- A qualification in journalism/communications/multimedia would be advantageous but not essential.
- You excel at collaborating with colleagues to get the job done and thoroughly enjoy being part of a team
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and love to build things from scratch
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
Knowledge and interest in what’s happening in the product management, engineering and design worlds, or experience creating content for these audiences.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas