Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager at Intercom will be responsible for supporting our global teams to achieve their diversity and inclusion goals. This will include responsibilities such as collaborating and empowering our Employee Resource Group program, D&I trainings, new initiatives, internal programs and external partnerships around the world. This brand new role at Intercom has the incredible opportunity of organizing employee groundswell and converting enthusiasm into innovative ideas, feedback and change around the things our employees value the most. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with our People Org leaders to better understand our existing strategies around attraction, engagement, and development while bringing new D&I focused ideas and feedback into our roadmap development process
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Developing and executing innovative, strategic solutions to enrich Intercom’s company culture
- Structuring and supporting the Employee Resource Group program globally, including the streamlining of our ERGs for global consistency, scalability, cross-office collaboration and meaningful celebrations of our diversity.
- Measuring, tracking and analyzing the effectiveness of inclusion initiatives and predict future trends
- Innovating and building upon D&I efforts that work well within the tech industry - always creating for the uniqueness of Intercom
- Earn trust across a range of levels and disciplines to establish yourself and the team as a trusted SME
- Partner extensively with internal and external groups, including:
- People Leadership Team - to align on our D&I strategy and priority areas of focus.
- Recruiting - to understand the way we attract talent today and measure the efficacy of our efforts while helping develop new and impactful ways to add source talent from under-represented groups and ensure an inclusive candidate experience.
- Marketing - to aid in the development of our external employer brand.
- Learning - to create meaningful learning experiences for our employees. This includes trainings for our recruiters, HRBPs, leadership team, people managers and our general employee population.
- Senior leadership - to develop internal communications that increase employee engagement and transparency regarding D&I initiatives.
- Functional leaders - to design customized initiatives and programs that will meet the needs of specific audiences within Intercom.
- HRBPs - to understand the needs of our business and help translate our efforts to niche audiences within Intercom.
- Other People Teams - to enrich our retention and overall employee experience.
- Peer organizations and D&I leaders outside of the company to support our internal initiatives and priorities.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years experience building or executing people programs, organizational development strategies or learning opportunities. Experience in D&I strongly preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally in the tech space
- A clear and effective communicator and collaborator
- A creative thinker
- A data-driven decision maker
- A natural community builder and organizer
- A passionate person with the desire to drive positive change in a global organization
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Bachelor's degree
- HRBP, Learning Manager or HR Manager experience strongly preferred
- Previous partnership experience with HRBPs
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently
- Ability to drive initiatives and programs across a global organization and within smaller working teams
- Ability to work with and influence people at all levels of the organization
- Experience delivering programs for global audiences
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.