Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with 100+ of Intercom's larger customers to grow their product usage usage and drive expansion through up-sell and cross-selling customers.
- Build and execute a strategic account plan for your "book" of customers to maximize sales impact
- Develop advanced knowledge of your customers' businesses and goals while accurately forecasting sales pipeline
- Collaborate with other Intercom teams: product, marketing, and support to implement innovative approaches to relationship management
What skills do I need? 📖
- At least 3 years of sales experience with 1 year of closing experience
- Experience carrying and exceeding sales revenue quota
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Exhibits a growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and ambition
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.