Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Director of Product Management will partner with the Engineering Director and Design Director to lead our SF R&D Growth teams. You’ll also have deep partnerships with Sales, Marketing, Analytics and Finance. There’s currently the opportunity to continue to accelerate our revenue trajectory from best in class to class defining. Together, you will play a key role in defining Intercom’s medium and long term success.
You’ll own big areas of very high strategic importance that are pivotal to our business growth. You will think about the end to end customer journey, thinking across product and marketing to ensure our customers experience is a compelling, coherent, and consistent one. This includes a deep focus on the customer purchase journey, through activation, retention and expansion.
You will help us build a world class Product team, spending your time helping others design, build and ship, You will be joining a team with a well respected culture of product and design. And you will be a valuable contributor to continue to shape, strengthen and evolve that culture. There is lots more detail here on what makes Intercom a special place to work for Product people.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Drive the overall product strategy for our SF R&D Growth teams, and contribute to the overall Intercom product strategy. Your focus will be driving our growth numbers, changes in product, marketing and elsewhere that fuel that growth.
- Manage our amazing SF PM team, helping them grow and do the best work of their career.
- Use what you’re learning from all around the company to evolve the Product practice in SF, both in how we work and the design of the org.
- Deeply partner with key stakeholders in Marketing, Sales and Engineering to identify the biggest opportunities for growth. You will work with them to turn ideas into projects, and lead or guide those projects to successful outcomes. This might include things like our pricing, packaging, positioning, purchase experience, and initial and ongoing customer onboarding.
- Partner with your Design and Engineering counterparts to ensure the team lives our values, applies our principles, and helps us evolve both.
- Help the leadership team understand latest growth numbers and trends, advising on what we need to do. This will include leading discussions, engaging in debate, driving an opinionated group to reach a conclusion.
- Build a team where everyone feels like they belong, where people respect each other and cherish working together. Where people are challenged every day, and have a lot of fun along the way.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years experience leading product teams with a strong track record of shipping high quality software. You can point to product you’ve helped ship over this time and explain how and why it did or did not succeed.
- 3+ years experience leading Product teams that directly drive business growth. This might include things like leading growth oriented product teams, or leading growth product groups. You can point to product you helped ship, and product you led, and how it directly drove business growth.
- Ultra collaborative. Has the ability to build deep ongoing relationships with stakeholders. You understand that you will succeed and fill together and act accordingly Understand that you will succeed only when you are strongly aligned with your partners.
- Deep understanding of how SaaS businesses work, the levers that exist to grow that business, and SaaS metrics.
- Strong people manager who cares deeply about those around them, has a track record of developing and growing your teams’ careers.
- Strong team builder, proven track record of building teams that love to work together who produce world class results
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written. Thoughtful, high empathy, high social intelligence.
- Proactive, organized, focused, and can ruthlessly prioritize
- You’re not only very comfortable working in an ambiguous ever changing environment, you thrive in it.
- Believes in the same values we do:
- Being open, direct and transparent, talks about mistakes and turns them into lessons learned
- Confident yet humble
- Long term thinking
- Thinking big but starting small
- Optimistic and positive always even in the face of adversity
- A growth mindset. Always looking for feedback to learn and grow
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.