Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Compensation Manager, you will play a key role in growing and scaling our company-wide compensation practices and program. You will help shape the future direction of total rewards at Intercom and work closely with our People Leadership to develop compensation strategies and programs and have the opportunity to work closely with the business.
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to roll up your sleeves and work hands-on while simultaneously provide strategic direction in program development to a fast-growing, highly innovative and evolving company. This role will work closely with and report to the Director of People + Places.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage our multifaceted compensation program (including variable compensation) across our diverse employee populations across multiple geographies (US, Ireland, UK, Australia)
- Develop insightful and data-informed recommendations to improve current programs/processes
- Design, develop, maintain total compensation guidelines and job architecture structure
- Lead the bi-annual compensation planning cycles with strong People team partnerships and project management
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new hires and existing employees
- Partner with our BPs to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues
- Effective partner with business leaders to manage, consult and resolve compensation issues through the use of creative and strategic guidance
- Manage relationships with external consultants to ensure continued access to relevant market data and trends
- Drive compensation projects from design through execution, including modeling, project planning, communication and education
What skills do I need? 📖
- A minimum of 6+ years of progressive compensation experience; pre-IPO to IPO experience an added plus
- Experience developing and rolling out scalable processes and comp tools/guides
- Experience leading a team of Comp Analysts or specialized ICs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively interpret data and create meaningful, understandable models, reports and metrics
- Think creatively through ambiguity and are flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving, planning and execution skills, including a desire to roll-up your sleeves to prioritize work, execute plans and drive deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly desired
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.