Communication has changed for people. It's changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As Intercom’s first Director of Global Sales Engineering and Customer Success, you will develop the organization's strategic vision and lead and continue to build the global Sales Engineering and Customer Success teams. You will lead the teams responsible for all technical implementations and presales activities supporting the Global Sales Organization. You will collaborate with key stakeholders across Sales and Sales Operations to deliver technical solutions to Intercom’s customers. We are looking for a senior leader who is passionate about Intercom’s products and can successfully lead an org to consult customers on the implementation of Intercom. In addition you will collaborate with Intercom’s R&D organization being an effective voice of sales and our customers as it relates to our largest product opportunities.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Grow and lead a global organization of Sales Engineers and Customer Success Managers.
- Collaborate with Sales and Sales Operations leaders to deliver technical and strategic solutions to our customers.
- Work with your team of managers to develop and implement processes to drive onboarding completion, increase user adoption, improve retention and overall customer success.
- Lead and develop a team of Managers; create a vision for career pathing within the Sales Engineering and Customer Success organizations globally; hold a high bar for performance at all levels
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of experience leading a customer facing team
- 2+ years of experience building and leading a team of managers
- Excellent people management and development skills
- Stakeholder management skills and proven ability to collaborate with R&D teams
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to overcome technical and security roadblocks; ability to understand technical challenges in our sales process
- Track record for creating innovative ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to develop playbooks and processes
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Have lead / built at both large and fast growth companies
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.