Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We're looking for an experienced Product Researcher to help expand the research function in our rapidly growing Dublin R&D office.
The Dublin office is driving some of our most strategically important and challenging initiatives, including next-generation automation and messaging products. Joining our team at such an exciting time is a truly unique opportunity to define the direction of a product that touches millions of people in the business messaging space every single day.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Researchers at Intercom study one of the most complex, challenging, and rapidly evolving type of relationship - the relationships between businesses and their customers. In the pursuit of our mission to make internet business personal, we conduct research on fascinating topics such as communication, messaging, and AI.
We are a product-driven team, and in this role you’ll be partnering with a dynamic, cross-functional product team of product managers, designers, content strategists, analysts and engineers to define research problems and then execute research studies to solve them.
- You’ll seek out open questions and develop fuzzy unknowns into formal research plans that will empower your team to gain meaningful insights into their customers
- You’ll conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews with customers, to large-scale surveys and everything in between
- You’ll effectively communicate research insights and recommendations across Intercom, to inform our business strategy and improve the experience of our customers
- You’ll empower your product teams and others in the organization to get closer to customers by building out research initiatives
- You’ll mentor others on best research practices, and help us continue to build out a modern and transformational research practice
What skills and experience do I need? 📖
- Passion for building amazing products that people love
- Degree related to product research (e.g. HCI, social sciences, etc.) and four or more years experience researching cross-platform digital products and/or services. Bonus points for experiences with commercial B2B, B2C, SaaS or Mobile products
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and UX best practices
- Excellent communication skills, i.e. the ability to communicate your research findings in creative and impactful ways, combined with a strong attention to detail
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and when to deliver
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Comfortable working with distributed teams in multiple time zones
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.