Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Manager of our Inbound Sales Development & Emerging Small Business teams is an integral role within the maturing sales organization. As a leader of Inbound SDRs, you will supervise a team that handles some of the highest value leads at the company. As Manager also of our Emerging Small Business team, you will be leading a team of Account Executives that are responsible for managing a full cycle of inbound pipeline. Reporting to the Director of Global Sales Development, you will be responsible for building, and leading teams, as ultimately, these are the foundational roles for our sales organization. We are looking for a leader that excels at developing their team’s skills and preparing them for roles of increasing responsibility and scope.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Effectively hiring, coaching and inspiring a group of variously experienced Inbound Sales Development reps and ESB AEs, on everything from providing a world class experience to leads, to refining and developing full cycle skill sets
- Accurately predicting top of funnel lead volumes by channel on a monthly and quarterly basis, identifying and working with demand generation on channel performance
- Inspiring and challenging the team to run towards exciting challenges, helping us realize our true ambition and opportunity
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings for both groups
- Identifying ways to innovate our sales model, including product demonstrations, automation of manual tasks, and implementing cross functionally
- Consistently monitoring sales productivity by building Salesforce.com dashboards and reports, and analyzing customer data to identify key trends
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a revenue owning and closing role
- Experience directly managing a team of individual contributors and a track record of exceeding team quotas
- Proven experience–and passion for– teaching, developing, growing, and promoting team members into full cycle roles
- Passionate and motivating people leader
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated track record of cross-functional collaboration (particularly with marketing)
- Team first mentality with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
- BA/BS degree and proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.