Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We're looking for a Product Researcher to help expand the research function in our rapidly growing London R&D office.
The London office is driving some of our most strategically important and challenging initiatives, including next-generation automation and messaging products. Joining our team at such an exciting time is a truly unique opportunity to define the direction of a product that touches millions of people in the business messaging space every single day.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Intercom product researchers provide insights, data and ideas that help our teams make better, more empathetic decisions. To do this they study one of the most complex, challenging, and rapidly evolving types of relationship - the relationship between businesses and their customers.
In this role you will:
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide teams with meaningful and actionable customer insights.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across Intercom, to inform product road maps and guide our strategy.
- Empower product teams and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
Champion research at Intercom, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business.
What skills and experience do I need? 📖
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years of experience conducting product research for digital products or services.
- An in-depth understanding of user-centred design and UX best practices.
- An ability to communicate research findings in creative and impactful ways - with a strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative; an ability to determine what to work on, how to accomplish it, and how to have an impact.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Team-oriented, collaborative and with a strong growth mindset.
- Experience with common formative and evaluative qualitative research approaches (e.g. contextual enquiry, Jobs to Be Done, diary studies, user testing, etc) and quantitative research (e.g. surveys, A/B, log data analysis).
- Data & coding skills (R, SQL, data visualization) are bonuses.
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to £90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done