Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity?
Come help us build a world-changing product, a long-lasting company and the most effective R&D team possible. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work and we need experienced engineering managers to help us grow.
As an Engineering Manager in our Infrastructure Services Group, you’ll shape a vision, strategy and roadmap for your team aimed at helping us accelerate Intercom’s growth and stability through operationally excellent data storage solutions.
You’ll lead and support an ambitious group of product and systems engineers working on projects that improve the security, availability, performance, scalability, cost, and efficiency of our datastores.
This role is based in our city centre office on St. Stephen’s Green, in Dublin, Ireland. Our entire R&D team is based here.
What will I be doing?
● Leading and supporting an ambitious group of product and systems engineers
● Partnering with engineering leaders and product management to define a vision, strategy and roadmap
● Building new tools and services that make it fast, safe and easy for other Intercom engineers to leverage our cloud based infrastructure
● Shipping value frequently and deliberately with tight scope
● Fostering, nurturing and accelerating a high-performing team
● Helping us evolve our engineering culture
● Advocating for operational excellence within your team and the entire engineering
What skills do I need?
● Management experience is a requirement
● Infrastructure and operations experience and expertise, preferably cloud-based
● Experience and expertise working with databases technologies
● Hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code is a bonus
● Deep knowledge of MySQL and/or Elasticsearch is a bonus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Breakfast lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Life assurance and comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers.
- Generous public transport allowance.
- Wellness programme covering gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- Cycle to work scheme support and secure bike storage.
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
This role is based in our city centre office on St. Stephen’s Green, in Dublin, Ireland. Our entire R&D team is based here. You'll report directly to one of our directors of engineering.