The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. The role we’re looking to fill is a career defining opportunity for someone passionate about this mission as well as product management who wants to lead a world-class team of engineers, designers, and researchers in London. The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help businesses drive customer engagement, deliver better support, and enhance productivity, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected and personal.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- You’ll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in beta’s and after full release.
- You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a team
- Ideally you have have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you're self driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- You have an understanding of the technical architecture of complex web and mobile applications.
Where will I be working 🏠
Your main place of work will be at our London office but you may be required occasionally to travel to our offices in Dublin and San Francisco.
What qualifications do I need?
Typically, a degree level qualification but at least NQF Level 6 (or similar)
What could I be paid?
The salary range for this role is £70,000-£120,000, depending upon the amount of experience you bring to the role.
When should I apply?
This recruitment programme started on 08 May 2019 and the closing date for applications is 15 June 2018
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to £90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.