Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Social Media Manager at Intercom, you’ll be a key member of our Content team, helping to amplify all our marketing activities. We’ve built a large, engaged audience across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, and now we’re ready to take things to the next level with a dedicated Social Media Manager who can develop creative social campaigns that drive brand loyalty and engagement. You will own and significantly enhance Intercom’s social media strategy so that it becomes an even larger driver of our growth (we’re already one of the fastest growing SaaS companies around).
This role will require a combination of creativity, strategic thinking and execution. You won’t simply be posting content to our existing social accounts but will be partnering with teams across the company – from Customer Support to Campaigns, Brand Design, Communications, and Events – to ensure we maximize the benefits from the social platforms we’re on, engage in strategic conversations with our customers and potential customers, and share insights into our culture and knowledge from across the company.
What will I be doing? 🚀
As Social Media Manager you will:
- Be responsible for implementing and evolving Intercom’s social media strategy.
- Ensure everything we share embodies our voice and tone, and meets our high bar for quality.
- Manage a social media calendar that will enable us post to our social media accounts several times a day to drive high-quality traffic and engagement.
- Proactively monitor, engage in and respond to social media conversations that Intercom should be part of to amplify our influence.
- Amplify the impact of our events through live sharing of updates, photos and video.
- Care deeply about driving two-way conversations with our customers and brand advocates.
- You’ll be bursting with creative ideas about how we can grow our audience with new tactics and expansion to new platforms.
- Partner with our Customer Support team to ensure customers looking for help on any social platform are being responded to quickly and effectively.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2-3 years of experience in a social media or community role. Marketing experience in B2B tech preferred.
- First class writing and editing ability – you produce engaging, accurate copy even under time pressure
- Familiarity with all major social platforms and common tools (especially Sprout Social, image and video editing software) needed to use them effectively
- Proven ability to track and report the impact of social media
- Passion for technology and marketing, and a genuine curiosity about software products
- Familiarity with paid media and online community management a plus
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.