The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As the Director, Brand Marketing, you will lead a talented team of marketing professionals to build the Intercom brand and tell the Intercom story globally. This role will successfully build brand awareness and resonance through the conception and execution of compelling integrated campaigns across all marketing channels. This role will partner closely with the PMM and Brand studio to generate campaign messages and with the demand gen team to execute those campaigns in market. This person will have direct management of brand / corporate marketing channels including but not limited to: Events, PR, AR, social media, and customer marketing.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building brands and campaigns that resonate in market. Reporting directly to the SVP Marketing, the Director Brand Marketing must have experience across public and analyst relations, brand development, integrated campaign execution, and experiential marketing.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead the PR and corporate communications, experiential marketing, social media marketing and analyst relationship teams to build the brand and tell the company story globally.
- Successfully promote the company and its customers through traditional, digital, social media and content marketing channels to deliver epic public and analyst relations programs.
- Collaborate with product marketing, comms, content marketing, and demand generation teams to drive key campaigns.
- Define the Marketing Communications vision and strategy.
- Act as an advocate for bold and creative thinking, constantly encouraging teams to go beyond the status quo
- Manage and lead an experienced global marketing communications team to deliver breakthrough PR across business and trade press.
- Operate an influencer and social media marketing plan that expands Intercom’s reach and recognition and educates the market.
- Serve as company spokesperson as needed for certain media, analyst and public speaking engagements.
- Oversee global event strategy including brand conference, industry events, and partner events.
- Own corporate marketing communication in terms of corporate positioning, brand management, corporate content management, media, investors and analysts relations.
- Develop a customer and community marketing strategy to embed the Intercom brand in the mind of our customers and the broader technology community at large.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 8+ years of experience in brand marketing most of which has been in a B2B environment.
- Experience leading and managing marketing teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in driving brand awareness and integrated campaigns
- Successful track record of building and leading communications, brand and content strategy globally.
- Experience across public and analyst relations, brand development, creative, multimedia, social media and thought leadership campaigns.
- Proven track record in creating innovative and targeted brand campaigns and programs that generate results.
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social.
- Proven ability to strategically plan, create and implement marketing plans and brand creative briefs.
- Experience working with C-suite leadership and managing executive communications.
- Must be able to collaborate with multiple internal teams to achieve brand objective.
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience managing customer reference or brand loyalty programs.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity commensurate with this leadership role
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.