The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Intercom. You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers. You’ll be collaborating with customers to drive onboarding completion, increase user adoption, improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and Account Managers to solve customer issues and drive deals
- Help lead the discovery process, work to uncover your customer’s business objectives and current pains
- Work in tandem with the Sales team to guide and complete Proof of Concepts
- Coach customers on Intercom usage and best practices to help make them into product experts
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
What skills do I need? 📖
- 3+ years of Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Have experience coding/scripting in multiple programming languages
- Able to think strategically to overcome technical and security roadblocks
- You have a track record for creating innovative ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
- You have an ability to stay focused under pressure and thrive while working with customers to solve their most challenging issues
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
- SaaS experience preferred
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse.
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.