The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Workplace Project Senior Manager to join our Workplace Experience (WE) team. You’ll be helping Intercom create new and meaningful workplace experiences as it opens new offices and continues to expand around the world. We do not want to be mistaken for just another startup – we need someone who is willing to take risks with us and your role within WE will play a big part in achieving this. You’ll help manage projects spanning workplace design, office experience, workplace strategy, indoor environmental quality, graphics, art and more.
We currently have 5 offices globally--San Francisco, Chicago, Sydney, London & Dublin--and have an upcoming queue of exciting projects.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Assembling external project team of PMs, architects, GCs, etc
- Keeping multiple projects on track, quickly identifying next steps, tracking and delegating work amongst team members, helping remove blockers and obstacles and looking to problem-solve before problems even arise.
- Setting and managing project budgets.
- Developing design standards and best practices for future build outs and retrofits.
- Partnering with Finance on headcount forecasts, project budgets, and invoicing.
- Owning communication plans for project updates to key stakeholders and employees at large.
- Driving stakeholder engagement, executive interviews, translating survey data into design solutions, and managing project communication and change management
- Using data to inform target room typologies and ratios.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years of Design Coordination or Project Management experience (preferably within a general contractor and / or within a high growth technology company)
- Experience in working with team members in co-located spaces
- Self starter who jumps in without needing direction
- Fluency in the design, architectural, furniture and construction process
- Proficiency in managing project schedules, budgets, and vendor relationships
- A real knack for translating business and cultural drivers into design solutions and amazing workplaces
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.