The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Senior Accountant in San Francisco to help build world class processes. We are not your standard accounting team. You will be focused on building scalable processes and increasing operational efficiencies around the most strategic accounting initiatives. We partner with every function in the organization to help make sense of our business using metrics and data. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You will manage our third-party accountants by building world class accounting processes to increase the accuracy and efficiency of our financial reporting
- Own the areas with the most complex accounting e.g. internal-use software, leases, and COGS accounting for the month end close
- Automate accounting and reporting processes
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop streamlined processes around our various R&D reporting requirements e.g. Irish R&D Tax Credit, Irish IDA Grant, and internal-use software
- Assist in technical accounting research
- Assist in supporting annual financial statement audits
What skills do I need? 📖
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
- Expert level excel skills
- Ability to navigate a complex data models and use SQL to pull information from our databases, preferred
- Technical Accounting Experience ASC 842 and ASC 606, preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, preferred
- Experience with Bill.com, preferred
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.