The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Managing between 3 and 6 product designers and senior product designers across multiple products (depending on complexity and breadth)
- Coaching and providing feedback on your team’s performance, helping them to develop clear career development goals and action plans on how to achieve them
- Ensuring the smooth running of projects on our teams and delivery of high-quality design work so that we can continually improve how we design and build products
- Helping to shape the future vision of products and driving strategic design work in exciting areas, such as conversational design, messengers, machine learning and more
- Partnering directly with our Director of Product Design in Dublin to evolve the Product Design team: our people, our structure, our processes, our beliefs
- Collaborating with leaders across the company: other design leaders, Research, Data Analytics, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and more
- Growing Intercom Design by recruiting and representing us publicly in ways like writing for our blog, speaking, tweeting, community building and outreach, and more
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience managing product designers and genuinely caring about how the people who report to you perform, feel, and grow. The ability to develop a genuine relationship with people and help them grow, learn, and succeed.
- Experience designing digital products and systems. This isn’t solely a people management role—you’ll also be involved with and guide the product work. All of our managers care deeply about and actively engage in our product development process, details, and outcomes.
- A working knowledge of the full stack of product design, from systems thinking to visual design. You don’t need to be a specialist in all of these things, but you should be able to have informed, intelligent conversations.
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect.
- Ability to envision and lead change. There are many things that we still need to evolve and improve about how we work, and design managers are a key part in driving that change. We’re looking for someone who aligns with our values, but also who makes us better.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. Passion for building product. A desire to make things better.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.