The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
The Head of New Business Sales, Americas will be responsible for growing our Account Executive teams that cover both SMB and MME customer segments, driving our focus on acquiring customers of increasing complexity and sophistication as we continue to move up-market in a thoughtful manner. This includes everything from developing our enablement plans to leading outbound deal execution strategy to helping prioritize internal sales operations process and systems priorities.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Hiring and developing multiple SMB and MME AE teams and front-line Managers based in Intercom’s San Francisco and Chicago offices, covering the Americas markets.
- Establishing operational excellence as it pertains to deal forecasting and CRM hygiene.
- Testing different go-to-market approaches to winning up-market customers in a repeatable and consistent manner.
- Creating and fostering a world-class developmental sales culture.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Demonstrated track record of success developing inspirational leaders as a Manager of Managers.
- Ability to thrive within a high-growth, agile and fast-paced Saas sales environment.
- Data driven decision making and an interest in geeking out in data.
- Strong sales acumen, experience within a variety of sales and coaching methodologies and a growth mindset.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.