Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead a team of researchers to provide insight, data and ideas that help Intercom teams make better, more empathetic decisions.
- Be a discipline lead and drive quality in all research efforts - qualitative and quantitative, formative and summative, strategic and tactical.
- Ensure that the needs, behaviours and motivations of the users of Intercom’s products are represented in the product development process.
- Nurture your team's talent, helping them grow in their skills, expertise, knowledge and experience.
- Develop deep domain knowledge of your team's product areas and competitive landscape and define how research might have an impact.
- Build and guide relationships across the business that helps research deliver impact and value.
- Work with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders to define research priorities and direct the team to utilize the best methods to generate actionable insights.
- Design and execute a variety of high-profile research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, as needed.
- Coach UX researchers to hone their findings into meaningful themes, and driving them into actionable and impactful outcomes.
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing leaders.
- Be a role model for the research team and champion the role of research within Intercom.
- Constantly learning, growing and challenging yourself to identify gaps in our research expertise and help refine our research best practice.
What skills do I need? 📖
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, or Design is preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years professional experience conducting user research for software (consumer or enterprise) using a wide variety of approaches.
- Minimum of 1+ years experience of managing teams.
- A passion for enabling the success of others and supporting their growth.
- Excellent communication skills, organisational and analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong and positive cross-functional relationships.
- Passion for building amazing products that people love, not just conducting research.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!