Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Senior Accountant in San Francisco to help build world class Revenue processes. We are not your standard accounting team. You will be focused on building scalable processes and increasing operational efficiencies around the most strategic accounting initiatives. We partner with every function in the organization to help make sense of our business using metrics and data. We're highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we're looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You will own the order-to-cash process from end to end, including implementation and improvement of our quoting tool CPQ and our billing system Zuora, daily billing operations, and GAAP revenue recognition.
- You will design and implement our ASC 606 process and ensure our revenue and contract costs are recorded properly.
- You will be in charge of the monthly close process and ensure that billings and all revenue related accounts are reconciled and timely reported. This includes adequately reserving for bad debt and accrue for credits that the company may owe to the customer.
- Working closely with Sales Ops, you will own the sales commissions process, including attainment tracking, commission payout, and sales attainment reporting.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Sales Ops to continuously improve and automate the Order-to-Cash process.
- Provide revenue support and process documentation for our annual financial statement audits
What skills do I need? 📖
- Revenue Recognition and Accounts Receivable experience is required
- Sales Compensation experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with Zuora, strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, preferred
- Experience with Sales Compensation Software, preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.