The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- You’ll deeply partner with product managers and product engineers to develop and answer critical questions and help drive the strategic direction of the product
- You’ll collaborate with a global team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers to democratize data across Intercom and to foster a culture of measurement, metrics and experimentation
- You’ll gain an in-depth understanding of the product and the flow of data through the product. You’ll measure the success of our product iterations and product launches. You'll conduct exploratory analyses to surface core patterns of product usage
- Through impactful analytics projects you’ll help build and influence our product roadmap. You’ll develop hypotheses, design and conduct controlled experiments and make concrete product recommendations based on experiment outcomes
- You’ll share your findings and recommendations across the company and champion the use of data to drive product directions
- You'll lead strategic projects at the team, product and company level, building strong partnerships throughout the company
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience in a quantitative analysis role, specifically working closely with product teams (e.g. data analyst, product analyst, data scientist)
- BA/BS or MS degree preferably in quantitative discipline (e.g., Applied Math, Econ, Statistics, Eng, CS)
- Excellent SQL skills and experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Good knowledge of statistics. Experience running A/B and multivariate tests.
- Proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis and insights that drives tangible impact with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Experience with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Superset and Looker
- Nice to haves: building predictive / ML models, building data pipelines and / or developing frameworks for sharing skills/knowledge across data teams :)
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.