The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
About the Team 🤗
The Intercom Admin Team is different to most. We partner with our Executives to directly impact company goals, while also driving the objectives of the global Admin organisation. Plus, we have a dedicated people manager to support our career development and wellbeing. We’re a solid crew, who collaborate and support each other, celebrating every success along the way!
About the Role 😊
This is a dynamic Administrative Assistant role, providing support to our London site leaders, two amazing R&D Directors, Maria and Jane. Your hunger for all things product and tech, will be well matched by helping shape Intercom’s newest office as the first member of the Admin org there. You’ll also be supported by, and have the opportunity to make an impact on, the global Admin team. There will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the company evolves and you grow with it. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Directly support London’s R&D Directors and anticipate their needs by deeply understanding org goals, and ensuring time is organised appropriately
- Provide admin support including high-volume, multi time-zone calendar management, and frequent reprioritization in collaboration with global Admin team
- Skillfully and compassionately, ensure your Executives have protected focus time
- Event manage regular All Hands meetings, including liaising with Office Experience and IT, and gathering team presentation content
- Support leaders’ requirements for tech speaking events, both internally and externally
- Book global travel (flights and hotels), coordinating and preparing clear details to ensure a seamless experience
- Keep your leaders on track with receipt collection and Expensify submissions
- Act as a barometer for your Executives teams, ensuring your leaders are always aware of people’s needs
- Managing information with the utmost discretion and confidentiality
- Organically grow strong, collaborative relationships with your Executives’ reports and wider R&D, Admin, and Leadership teams, to name but a few
- Inform your Execs of employee updates and milestones, including performance reviews, sub-team celebrations, and work anniversaries
- Miscellaneous tasks, some will occasionally be personal in nature
Now and then, this full time position will require working and answering e-mails outside of office hours
What skills do I need? 📖
You’re inclusive by nature and obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving attitude. You seek information because you get a buzz out of knowing what makes things and people tick. You’re approachable, positive and collaborative, always assuming best intent and willing to work hard to ensure the success of those around you. Your concept of a good day, is one filled with new learnings and opportunities to effect change. This role is the right fit if you’re an empathetic Administrative Assistant who enjoys working with people and product equally.
You should also have:
- 3+ years Administrative Assistant experience supporting tech Executives and teams
- Or relevant experience in a hyper organised, fast paced, high impact environment
- Ability to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance and complete unflappability!
- High bar for professionalism and discretion, with buckets of innate empathy
- Capability and desire to flex communication style to meet different stakeholder needs
- Unbelievable organisational skills and a curiosity to improve processes
- Acutely familiar with Gmail, Google calendar, Google drive, and other productivity software like Slack, Basecamp, Trello
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
- Have a Bachelor's degree
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need to
- Paid parental leave to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to £90 quarterly
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
Where does Intercom stand on diversity?
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.