The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Join us as a key member of the Relationship Management team and employ your innovative ideas to grow our existing business. At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. You have the opportunity to set the new standard in sales by building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, while constantly seeking out new opportunities for growth and guaranteeing client retention.
We’re also a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there will continue to be opportunities for progression.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Strategically grow Intercom’s footprint across different teams, departments, and organizations within your book of accounts
- Evangelize our product by spearheading the growth and adoption of Intercom
- Build account plans for all of your customers and engage appropriate internal resources like Customer Success Managers, Sales Support Engineers, and Product Managers to deliver on those account plans
- Use innovative outreach strategies and data to engage customers with targeted messaging
- Manage the full sales cycle and deliver a consultative sales experience
- Maintain up-to- date knowledge of our product and processes
- Create your own demonstrations, tailored to your client needs
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts by actively managing your pipeline of opportunities
- Track and report key metrics related to revenue, customer retention, and Intercom product usage
- Gather customer feedback and work cross-functionally to inform product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with other Intercom teams: product, marketing, operations, and support to find innovative approaches to relationship management
- Engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years closing B2B SaaS sales experience, existing business preferred
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota and growing revenue in a book of business
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for driving customer success in a startup environment with companies of all sizes
- Strong time management
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.