The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Work through design problems from beginning to end, translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form disruptive new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows and interactions required to make them a reality
- Collaborate with designers across the organisation to raise the quality bar and continuously improve Intercom’s design processes, principles, and tooling
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and transitions
- Partner with product managers to define and evolve product roadmaps
- Work closely with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas
- Write about, present, and share what you’re learning, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products that solve real problems, and that people use
- An appreciation of the entire product development process, from problem solving and system modelling, through to detailed UI, visual, and interaction design
- Ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups of your solutions using modern design tools such as Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to create prototypes using Framer, Keynote, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- Strong communication skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals, and the complex nuances of design problems
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.