What's the opportunity? 🤔
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom's overall business, partner with our senior sales, self serve, and support leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Manager, Sales Operations - Global Planning & Reporting, you will lead a team of junior members to drive the creation and execution of our global financial planning, forecasting, quota-setting, and reporting activities for the Sales organization, analyze and share insights on key revenue and marketing trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way. You will also guide the deal desk function, which will oversee our global quote-to-order process and ensure the smooth execution of some of our largest and most strategic opportunities .
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Lead a growing team of 1-2 Sales Operations members across a variety of key Global Planning & Reporting responsibilities
- Create revenue growth plans across Sales and Self-serve, determine optimal resource requirements, and develop corresponding incentive structures
- Design, develop & deliver robust and scalable reporting (via Salesforce, Tableau)
- Support weekly reporting and forecasting for the sales organization, identifying key changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Drive quarter-end reporting and associated narratives (“QBRs”)
- Advise on new business growth strategies and existing business retention & expansion opportunities using models and analytics
- Develop deep understanding of revenue forecasting and reporting systems to drive efficiencies and process improvements
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years experience in Sales Operations/Finance/Analytics role, preferably in SaaS
- Strong financial modeling & analytical skills, and appreciation for solving complex, unstructured problems
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Experience effectively managing a team of 2-3 individuals
- Familiarity and comfort with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/SQL
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.