The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are ambitious, yet humble, warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
In this new role at Intercom, you will be responsible for elevating our individual and collective productivity, wellbeing and cultural alignment across our global offices. You’ll be based in our San Francisco office, running our local workplace operations there, while also remotely leading the Workplace Experience teams in Chicago, Sydney, London and Dublin.
We're looking for a true humanist and leader who can help visually, logistically and strategically deliver the fundamentals of our culture and values on a day-to-day basis within our physical workplaces. There are currently 600+ employees based across all out offices, with lots of growth on the horizon. Your mission will be to manage these spaces efficiently and creatively with your team, bringing alive the company culture and delivering an office experience that celebrates our values. You’ll also get to travel between our offices!
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Serve as a key liaison to our internal customers, conveying a “get-it-done ‘attitude of intelligent service with an eye on quality, taste, repeatability and scalability, so that the workplaces function almost magically. Create a team reputation of outstanding service that our Intercomrades love
- Own the condition of the offices at all times, making sure they are always tidy, professional, presentable, clutter-free. Work closely with our design, construction, facilities operations and IT experience teams to iterate on the functionality of the office, always keeping office productivity and brand alignment in mind
- Oversee the guest experience and ensure a consistent, personal and friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
- Execute engaging, creative events and partner closely with our Manager, Workplace Experience (EMEA) and the wider global Workplace Experience team to ensure collaboration and consistency in shared experiences for all Intercomrades across our spaces and processes
- Maintain a healthy variety of snacks, drinks and supplies at all times, paying close attention to what the team likes and needs. Help source, vet and onboard key vendor relationships, such as day porters, food, snacks/beverages, and maintenance
- Mentor your team to enhance their engagement, creativity, autonomy, results and career growth
What skills do I need? 📖
- Experience owning and developing a thoughtful office experience in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- People management experience and the ability to inspire others to deliver and grow their careers
- A strong sense of design and space efficiencies, enabling you to contribute to design and layouts, and be able to articulate why certain space and details are or aren’t appealing
- Consistent track record of delivering engaging events, ideally in a workplace environment
- Highly ambitious, personable, resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack and/or other common technology
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!