The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
Intercom helps thousands of businesses connect with hundreds of millions of users every day, and we’re just getting started.
This role is a great opportunity to be a founding member of our Emerging Business Accounts team. This team is paving the way for customer retention, expanding revenue, and onboarding hundreds of Intercom’s customers with an annual spend in the millions. This is a chance to drive real impact in your career at a fast-growing “rocketship” company, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting. To accomplish these goals, you will employ innovative account management and customer success strategies, including targeted outreach to segments of companies, running webinars, and working 1-1 with customers to solve their business problems.
Your day to day will be fast paced and focused on engaging with a high number of exciting accounts. You will use your innovative thinking skills and intelligent risk-taking to make an impact and rapidly develop your career.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Deliver targeted outreach and expert product knowledge to existing Intercom customers, at a large scale
- Grow customer accounts and work to ensure customer retention at scale
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer growth and retention
- Negotiate, maintain, and deliver new business goals and plans for existing customers
- Collaborate with other Intercom teams: product, marketing, operations and support, to find innovative approaches to relationship management
What skills do I need? 📖
- Required: 1-3 years B2B sales experience
- Required: SaaS experience - a minimum of 1 years in an applicable SaaS tech role
- Track record of achieving and exceeding targets
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to become a product expert and demonstrate its value to customers via multiple mediums
- Growth mindset, intellectual curiosity and ambition
- Exceptional time management
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen.
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it.
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse.
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.