The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
As an SMB Account Executive, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our business. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire, and as a rapidly expanding business, there is a lot of opportunity for progression.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Evangelize our product by spearheading the growth and adoption of Intercom
- Manage the full sales cycle, ensuring that our clients receive the highest level of service
- through a consultative sales approach
- Provide clear visibility into sales and revenue performance by actively managing the
- pipeline of opportunities and weekly sales forecasts
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our product and processes
- Create your own demonstrations, tailored to companies of varying needs and sizes
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Work closely with Sales Development Representatives, Sales Engineers, Customer
- Success Managers, and Relationship Managers to create the best customer experience
- Proficiency in a European language, such as French, German or Hebrew (would be a plus)
What skills do I need? 📖
- 2+ years experience in a closing sales role
- 1+ years experience at a high growth tech company
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota, and high achieving in all that you do
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable and energized operating and problem-solving in a fast-moving organization
- Passionate about product and working with companies of all sizes
- Intellectually curious and ambitious
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- Proficiency in a European language, such as French, German or Hebrew
- Experience in B2B Sales
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.