The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to help us maintain and evolve our mobile apps and messengers. In this role you’ll split your time between building new features, maintaining and evolving our existing mobile features and enabling other Engineers to successfully build on iOS and Android. This is an opportunity to build product directly and to have force-multiplier, high leverage impact across a bunch of our product teams.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Identifying, scoping and implementing new product features on Android and iOS.
- Maintaining and evolving the Messenger SDKs that are embedded in thousands of our customers’ apps.
- Develop technical plans and contributing to our technical architecture as we grow.
- Coaching and collaborating with more junior engineers.
- Grow your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates. This is a chance to be an integral part of building and growing a team.
What skills do I need? 📖
- 4+ years experience building mobile products.
- Knowledge of both Android and iOS APIs and design patterns. Competent working in both platforms.
- You’ve published one or more apps in the Play Store and/or App Store.
- Some experience building SDKs for embedding in customer apps would be a bonus.
- Proven ability to self-organise and drive large, vague problems to impact.
- Ability to own a problem from start to finish.
- Experience collaborating directly with product teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users. Engineers at Intercom are pragmatists who work closely with others on cross-disciplinary teams.
About Mobile @ Intercom 📱
- Our Android and iOS Messengers are integrated in thousands of apps.
- The Intercom Conversations app on iOS and Android is used by tens of thousands of our customers every month.
- We’ve got a great CI setup on both platforms for automating releases, utilizing tools like Calabash and Firebase for testing.
- We ship new updates to the SDK every week.
- Join us and change any of the above — we believe in using the right tool for the job and avoiding dogma.
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch and dinner every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Commuting is a breeze with our generous public transport allowance
- Keep active with our wellness programme that allows you to expense gym and other sports activities up to €90 quarterly
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- We also offer generous relocation assistance for certain roles for people joining us from overseas
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.