The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth☝️
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What's the opportunity? 🤔
We’re looking for a program manager to join our relatively new and fast-growing program management team in San Francisco. This team drives the end-to-end delivery of Intercom’s strategic company goals. You’ll partner with company leaders, product managers, product marketing managers and engineering leaders to driving complex, large-scale programs across all R&D and go to market teams. You’ll make Intercom operationally excellent by working with every discipline, implementing and improving how we work.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Partner with directors, product managers and product marketing managers to drive high visibility, strategic, cross functional programs of work to deliver Intercom’s company goals
- Identify and track key milestones to get programs delivered
- Clearly and accurately communicate program status, issues, dependencies and risks to leadership and other program stakeholders
- Proactively identify program risks, manage and escalate where appropriate, working with leadership stakeholders to keep programs moving and on track
- Facilitate decision-making by identifying key stakeholders and surfacing the required information to make critical decisions
- Be a voice of authority when it comes to how we work, and be able to communicate it clearly across all disciplines
What skills do I need? 📖
- You have 3+ years of program management experience in either product, design, agency or web with a focus on large, complex, multi-location programs or projects (preferably within the technology sector)
- You have a strong understanding of product and design and ideally have worked with design or product teams
- You’re an excellent self-starter with a track record of seamless execution on complex projects with minimal guidance
- You have strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills and are comfortable working side-by-side with company leaders
We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.